We're Hiring - Junior-Mid PHP Developer
We're looking for a backend developer to join our team who thrives working on both front-end and back-end languages and can hit the ground running. Our SaaS application includes RESTful APIs, databases and 3rd party systems integration some of the tools we use include PHP, Laravel, Vagrant, SQL, Memcache, AngularJS, Gulp, Git and SCSS.
We don’t need you to be familiar with all of these technologies to work with us. Great people are effective and learn what we use quickly (or introduce us to better ways of working).
We’re a small team of dedicated designers and developers with some exciting engineering challenges and constantly encouraging growth!
Yousemble is a technology company changing the way we build websites. We’re an advocate for and use Agile and Lean principles across the business. Our team is partly remote, partly on-site in Cape Town.
What We're Looking For
We like big thinkers with small egos You'll work closely with all team members at Yousemble to build the core application, new features and surrounding products. We work tightly and swiftly together deploying code to hundreds of active users every day.
We value crafting our code with our clients in mind, providing the best possible experience for them. Our engineers are happy to assist clients directly, working through bugs and ready to help with support questions.
We favour pro-active people with good communication skills and a can-do attitude. Having a strong interest in emerging technology, new tools, and best practices is a must.
You'll be managing and maintaining existing systems and also be required to build great new ones – bringing insights to the table and changes to achieve greater levels of efficiency.
As a team, we are constantly aiming to improve our production process and are implementing SCRUM where ever possible.
What We Value
Transparency, communication, discipline, collaboration. flexibility, adaptability, perseverance, focus and empathy are just a few cultural values practiced at Yousemble. We’re looking for someone who values self-improvement, is honest and thrives in a team environment.
Our management structure encourages you own your work and choose which tasks to focus, our team also enjoy these extras:
Flexi Time / Remote Working
We know life gets hectic and sometimes you need to go to the bank or leave early to beat the traffic. We have flexible working hours to let you manage your day so that your work time can be focused and productive. If you have experience with remote working, we’re looking for that too.
Complete access to premium videos and books to further your skill sets, expertise, and personal growth.
If you are in the office, we brew coffee and tea all day long.
- Some Graduate studies or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as GIT
- Experience using PHP, MySQL (Framework Experience is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently - Accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity
- To be eligible to be shortlisted, you must be a permanent South African Citizen
Ideally, the position is a permanent role. We are flexible on the hours and location to get the work done. Otherwise, it will be 8 hrs per day, 5 days a week. Salary will depend on experience.
We want to hear from you! Read carefully.
- A small note about yourself, why you’re interested in developing at Yousemble
- Your CV and any relevant links (Live Projects you’ve worked on, Personal Website, Github)
- Some code samples for us to take a look at (A project, or something you’re working on).
Email Chrystal with the above — careers[at]yousemble.com [ No Agencies ]
- 4 Proven Cold Email Templates That Make an Impression
- We're Hiring - Junior-Mid PHP Developer
- How to Grow Your Email List and Get More Subscribers
- Important Email Marketing Fundamentals for Growth
- How to Get Started with Google Analytics
- How to Jump-Start Your SEO Before Launching Your Website
- 5 Easy Tips to Design a Great Website
- How to get your company listed with Google Business
- How to read faster and be more productive
- How to monitor your competitors websites automatically
- How to choose a good domain name for your website
- 25 Awesome Websites with Stunning Free Stock Images
- Yousemble's Easy and Improved Help Center
- Meet the new Yousemble